VPG’s Tablelands Youth Support (TYS) program provides support to young people 8-21 years of age to help them achieve positive life outcomes and connect with supports in the local community.
How can TYS help?
TYS is committed to supporting young people with all aspects of their lives, helping them to:
- Achieve their goals
- Feel supported in their community
- Engage in education or work
- Access assistance to find stable living arrangements
- Make positive changes in their life
Through the program, young people can access:
- Information, advice and referrals to appropriate support services
- Relationship support to encourage and strengthen networks in the community
- Assistance engaging with education, training or preparing for employment
- Assistance securing a safe and stable place to live
TYS Support Groups:
In addition to one-on-one support, TYS brings young people together via:
Connect-Ed: offering a supportive learning environment aimed to help young people develop effective social skills to re-connect/strength their engagement with education or training and improve resilience and connectedness.
Chat, Create, Connect: delivering youth art activities and projects to help young people develop a sense of self and create meaningful connections with others.
Young & Proud (Y&P): a peer support group for young people aged 12-17 who are a part of, or friends and allies of people who identify with the LGBTIQ+ community. Meeting fortnightly, Y&P provides a safe, supportive environment to promote understanding, acceptance and equality, and where young people can have fun and be themselves, without fear of judgement.
Want more info?
Request a call back below, phone 07 4091 6411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org