VPG’s Work Skills program provides young people an opportunity to gain an accredited certificate in rural operations, build employability skills and find work within relevant industries.
Over the 12-week program, young people will be supported to:
- Enrol and undertake an accredited course in rural operations
- Gain tickets & licenses
- Build employability skills
- Undertake work experience or work trials
- Network with prospective employers
- Find a job
Who’s the program for?
VPG’s Work Skills program is available to eligible young people aged 16-24 years looking to kick start a career within a wide range of industries including:
- Land and conservation management
- Civil construction
Industry content includes:
- First Aid/CPR
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Operating machinery & equipment
- Performing machinery maintenance
- Skid steer loader operations
- Roller operations
- Work health & safety
Want to apply? Request a call back below. For further details, click here to download an information flyer.
VPG proudly delivers the Work Skills program in Cairns, Atherton & Mareeba. Contact details for our service locations can be found here. Referrals can be made by interested youth/families, non-government and government agencies.
Work Skills, a Queensland Government Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.